Friday, July 29, 2011

2011 Porsche Panamera V6 [w/video]

Filed under: , , , ,

Meeting Stuttgart's Most Unlikely Ambassador

2011 Porsche Panamera V6

Full Disclosure: Until just recently, I'd never driven a Porsche. It wasn't as if I'd earned some black mark from the German sportscar maker - I've spent the better part my a career pontificating on the virtues of the plucky 914 and more than a few synapses thinking about scoring seat time in cars like the Boxster Spyder, Cayman R and, if I were feeling really indulgent, the 911 GT2 RS. Hell, after learning of the automaker's prowess in the Transsyberia Rally, I even became a stout defender of the Cayenne SUV's right to exist.

At some point, I began wearing the fact that I'd never saddled up with any of Porsche's products as a badge of absurd honor. It was simply impressive that I'd managed to survive nearly half a decade as an auto-scribe without so much as a brush with Stuttgart's finest.

Those days are officially over.

I've wrapped up a week with the 2011 Porsche Panamera - the newest model to rankle the chains of the brand's purists. As it turns out, the sprawling five-door is the perfect ambassador for an automaker that values handling and driver engagement above all else.

Continue reading 2011 Porsche Panamera V6 [w/video]

2011 Porsche Panamera V6 [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/28/2011-porsche-panamera-v6-review/

Auto BMW Audi European Auto

No comments:

Post a Comment